This month’s newsletter discusses how you can improve your daily mental health, provides tips for keeping your eyes healthy and highlights an unexpected ingredient that could be in your oats.
5 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Daily Mental Health
- Mental health plays a huge role in your overall health and well-being. It affects everything, including how we think, feel and act, and helps determine how we make healthy choices and cope with stress.
Because it’s such a crucial component of your health, it’s important to focus on maintaining or improving your mental health. Here are five simple ways to do so every day.
Eye Health 101
- Keeping your eyes healthy is a very important task. Fortunately, it’s also an easy thing to do. Here are five simple ways you can keep your eyes healthy:
- Get a regular exam. Complete eye exams consist of a series of tests designed to evaluate your vision and check for eye diseases.
- Wear protective eyewear. When you’re playing sports or doing a task that requires eyewear to be worn, heed the advice and wear glasses or goggles to prevent injury to your eyes.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can contribute to a host of irreversible eye diseases, so quit or refrain from smoking to protect your eyes.
- Put your shades on. Wearing sunglasses protects your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. Don’t forget to put them on when you’re outside!
- Give your eyes a break. Staring at a computer screen for too long can cause a painful strain on your eyes. Whenever possible, try giving yourself a short break from looking at the screen.
The Unexpected Ingredient in Your Oats
- It’s not a superfood, and it’s not naturally occurring. It’s a pesticide. According to a report by the Environmental Working Group (EWG), almost three-quarters of the oat cereal, oatmeal, granola and oat bars contained traces of glyphosate. Learn what glyphosate is how to make sure it’s not lurking in your oats by reading our full Live Well, Work Well Newsletter.
Bonus Healthy Recipe: Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Squares
EEOC Releases Strategic Enforcement Plan for FYs 2024-28
The SEP establishes the agency’s subject matter priorities as it works to prevent and remedy
Draft Instructions for 2023 ACA Reporting Released
The IRS has released draft instructions for 2023 Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting under Internal
CVSA Reveals 2023 Operation Safe Driver Week Results
Operation Safe Driver Week—an annual campaign conducted by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)— took