November 1, 2020
American Diabetes Month
More than 29 million people in the United States have diabetes. Of these 29 million people, 95% have Type 2 diabetes, while the remaining 5% have Type 1 diabetes. Both types of diabetes center around the inability to control one’s blood sugar. American Diabetes Month is intended to raise awareness about this serious disease.
While you can’t prevent Type 1 diabetes, you can prevent Type 2 diabetes. Making the following six lifestyle changes can greatly increase your chances of preventing the disease.
- Manage your weight.
- Increase your activity level.
- Talk with your doctor about your risks.
- Monitor your carbohydrate intake.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Choose whole grains.
Visit www.diabetes.org to learn more.
Click the links below