Cook Out Safely
During the summer, stovetops and ovens get swapped for grills. It’s important to not forget about food safety guidelines while grilling out:
- Don’t cross-contaminate. Keep raw and cooked foods separate by not using the same platters or utensils.
- Cook your food thoroughly. Cooking on a grill often results in quicker browning of the meat on the outside, but the inside can remain raw. Use a food thermometer to ensure your meat is cooked properly.
- All raw beef, pork, lamb and veal steaks, chops and roasts should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145 F.
- All ground beef, pork, lamb and veal should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 160 F.
- Poultry should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 F.
The Connection Between Financial and Physical Wellness
We all know that financial stress can be a burden, but it can also have a negative effect on your health. Financial stress often causes anxiety, depression and hopelessness, and that stress can also contribute to heart disease, high blood pressure, insomnia, more frequent colds and minor illnesses.
Here are healthy ways to cope with that stress and make it more manageable:
- Recognize your unhealthy coping methods and find alternatives, such as meditation, exercising or talking with a friend.
- Take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, eat right, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly.
- Talk to an advisor regarding your financial troubles. You won’t be able to fix them overnight, but having a plan of action can help you feel in control and minimize feelings of hopelessness.
|Herbed Garden Pizza
|Grilled Veggie Packets
DOL Increases Civil Penalty Amounts for 2024
On Jan. 11, 2024, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) published the 2024 inflation-adjusted civil
6 Employee Benefits and HR Trends to Monitor in 2024
6 Employee Benefits and HR Trends to Monitor in 2024 in today’s market.
OSHA’s Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Construction Standards in Fiscal Year 2023
Top 10 OSHA construction standards cited during fiscal year 2023 (October 2022 through September 2023)