June 13, 2022
When employees experience a real or perceived lack of control in their working environment, stress can build and can eventually become too much to bear. Seubert recognizes that work-related stress is a serious issue and urges you to take the necessary steps for reducing it when you can.
To curb stress in your life:
- Read over your job description so you know exactly what is expected of you.
- If you continually run late, set your clocks and watch ahead to give yourself extra time. Also consider cleaning up a messy desk and throwing away excess clutter. This will give you more time because you will know where everything is.
- Make to-do lists of tasks that need completing and cross off items as you finish them. Use these lists to plan your day and stick to the schedule. You will feel less overwhelmed and more in control.
- Talk with a co-worker about things that are bothering you. Getting support from friends is a great way to relax and reduce anxiety.
- Find a way to interject humor into your day. If you find yourself feeling anxious, share a joke with a co-worker or tell someone a funny story.