Don’t Let Ticks Ruin Your Summer
The warm summer months mean you’ll likely be spending more time outside. Unfortunately, summer is the season when ticks are the most active, putting you at a higher risk for tick-borne illnesses. The best way to avoid contracting a tick-borne disease is to practice proper preventive measures, which include the following:
- Wear light-colored clothing, including long-sleeved shirts and pants when in wooded areas, and tuck pant legs into socks or boots. Keep long hair tied back.
- Wash your body and clothing after all outdoor activities.
- Look periodically for ticks if you have been outdoors, especially if you have been in wooded areas or gardens.
- Remove ticks within 24 hours to greatly reduce the risk of contracting disease.
- Talk with your veterinarian about tick repellent for your pet.
- If you have a pet, check your pet’s coat if it has been in a possible tick-infested area.
How to Overcome a Weight-loss Plateau
When you first start a new exercise routine, your body tends to shed excess water weight, so it appears as though you are trimming the fat easily and quickly. But these “easy” pounds are usually the only ones to go fast. After the water-weight loss, your body builds muscle while also burning fat. So, although you may not see a change in your weight according to your scale, your workouts are still facilitating many beneficial changes for your body.
To lose more weight, you need to either increase your physical activity or decrease the number of calories you eat. Using the same approach that initially worked may maintain your weight loss, but it won’t lead to additional slimming.
To overcome a weight-loss plateau, try using one of the following three tips.
- Increase your exercise regimen. As you drop the weight, you burn fewer calories in the same amount of time.
- Mix up a regular workout routine by adding intervals into your 30-minute run, increasing speed during your bicycle ride or adding an exercise class to your weekly workout schedule.
- Add strength training to your workouts, which will boost your metabolism, help your body burn more calories and build muscle.
|Angel Food Pastry With Fresh Berries||Cauliflower Shells With Cheese|
Solutions to Support Mental Health
Support mental health in the workplace by integrating these healthy solutions.
Employee Spotlight: Jonathan O’Connell
Please help us in welcoming Jonathan O’Connell to the Seubert Team!
Employee Spotlight: Mackenzie Ward
Seubert welcomes Mackenzie Ward to the agency’s Commercial Lines Division.