Publish Date: November 1, 2021
Author: Seubert
Tags: Blog - SeubertU

National Health Observances for November 2021

American Diabetes Month

More than 34 million people in the United States have diabetes—95% have Type 2 diabetes, while the remaining 5% have Type 1. Both types of diabetes center around the inability to control one’s blood sugar. American Diabetes Month is intended to raise awareness about this serious disease.

While you can’t prevent Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes is largely preventable. Making the following six lifestyle changes can greatly reduce your risk of developing the disease:

  1. Manage your weight.
  2. Increase your activity level.
  3. Talk with your doctor about your risks.
  4. Monitor your carbohydrate intake.
  5. Maintain a healthy diet.
  6. Choose whole grains.

Visit to learn more.


Click the links below

American Diabetes Month

Bladder Health Month

COPD Awareness Month

Diabetic Eye Disease Month

Lung Cancer Awareness Month

National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month

National Family Caregivers Month

National Healthy Skin Month

National Hospice and Palliative Care Month

Stomach Cancer Awareness Month