More than 40% of Americans don’t think they’d be prepared for a recession if it were to happen by 2023.
Many Americans and economists think rising inflation issues, interest rates and housing costs may be warning signs of a looming recession. According to a Bankrate poll, nearly 7 in 10 Americans are worried about the possibility of a recession before the end of next year. Unfortunately, many Americans don’t feel prepared for an economic downturn
Predictions about an official recession occurring are divided. Regardless, you can take the following steps to prepare or stabilize your funds:
- Understand your expenses by examining and assessing your current financials, paying close attention to savings opportunities.
- Adjust your budget to plan for everyday and large purchases and stick to it. Remember to keep it realistic.
- Make it a habit to live within your means. People who adopt this lifestyle are less likely to go into debt and can pivot their spending to compensate for changes.
- Build an emergency savings fund—specifically, at least three to six months’ worth of living expenses—to pay for unexpected costs.
- Switch up your grocery spending by shopping with a meal plan, buying generic products rather than brand-name or purchasing items in bulk.
- Negotiate your monthly bills (e.g., utilities, phone and internet) or ask about discounts or coupons.
- Consolidate your loans and pay off as much of your debt as possible.
- Secure proper insurance (e.g., auto, homeowners, health and life) to help maintain financial protection amid unexpected losses.
To deal with economic uncertainty, focus on developing healthy financial habits for today and the future. In addition, consider discussing your situation with a financial advisor. Speak to your employer if you need further financial resources.
Implementing Mental Health Strategies in the Workplace
Learn easy ways to implement mental health strategies in the workplace starting today.
Solutions to Support Mental Health
Support mental health in the workplace by integrating these healthy solutions.
Employee Spotlight: Jonathan O’Connell
Please help us in welcoming Jonathan O’Connell to the Seubert Team!