In the event of an accident:
- Report the accident to the police.
- Obtain information about the other people involved in the accident such as:
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers;
- Insurance company;
- Type of vehicle; and
- Auto and drivers license numbers.
- Have your vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop if the vehicle is not drivable. Do not authorize repairs until the claims adjuster gives you the authority to do so.
- Call us to report the accident.
In the event of a windshield, vandalism, or theft loss:
- Report the vandalism loss or theft to the police.
- Call us to report a loss.
After we report the claim to the insurance company, the claims adjuster will:
- Contact you to request details of the accident and repair estimates.
- Arrange for an appraiser to inspect the damages of vehicles that are not drivable or extensively damaged.
- Contact you for a settlement.
- Deal directly with the others involved in the accident.
You should not talk to others involved in the accident, but refer them to your claims adjuster.
« Back to Reporting a Claim